This job was posted by the following company
Company: Emergency Communications Network
Contact: Alicia Kelly
Web Developer Intern
Category: Information Technology
Emergency Communications Network
Web Developer Intern
Title: Web Developer Intern
Department(s): Software Development
Reports to: Director of Software Development
Location: Bloomington, MN
Emergency Communications Network (ECN) has been providing vital high-speed multimodal notification solutions to communities in all 50 states and Canada. Originally designed to enable local government officials to record, send and track personalized messages to thousands of citizens in minutes, ECN’s user base has grown to include institutions of higher education and utility companies. Our applications inform and alert the public, provide weather warnings, alert the public to threats and find missing children. In short, our technology saves lives. Join the team that is making a difference.
The developer will initially learn .NET MVC web development and our product by working on bug-fixes. As the developer demonstrates increased proficiency, tasks of greater complexity will be assigned - including projects devoted to enhancing or creating product features. This position will provide interns with highly marketable full-stack experience in an extremely popular development platform and may lead to full-time employment with ECN.
Although scheduling will accommodate a class schedule, this is an on-location daytime position. Applicants should be in the office at least 20 hours per week between times of 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM.
• Computer Science or related education (completed or in progress)
• Experience with and conceptual understanding of object-oriented programming (useful languages: C#, Java, or C++)
• Experience with an integrated development environment such as Visual Studio or Eclipse
• Ability to analyze code written by others
• Ability to trouble-shoot and resolve problems in self-directed manner
• Clear written and verbal communication
• Eagerness to learn new things and desire to employ best coding practices
• Examples of code you have written – preferably accessible on GitHub
• Experience debugging code
• Familiarity with C# and Visual Studio
• Basic conceptual understanding of databases and the relational model
• Familiarity with the SQL
• Experience with version control systems (Examples: GitHub, Subversion, Team Foundation Server)
Ormond Beach, FL
Drug Free Workplace?